Sunday, December 24, 2017

All Bundled Up

First wintery design of the year! ❄️🐧
Isn’t that little penguin so cute? He looks much more prepared for the snowy weather than I am.





I have gotten a few requests on my youtube channel in the past few weeks to do a wintery nail tutorial, so I've been on the lookout for design inspiration. While I was shopping around for Christmas gifts, I wandered into David's Tea and I really liked how a lot of their holiday products incorporated a turquoise/mint colour. That really inspired me to work on a design with this colour scheme, but based on some designs I have planned for later in the month I didn't want to use their cups as direct references.
Instead, I decided to look for something cute to base my design off of and ended up finding these really cute penguin clip arts on Pinterest:


I changed the colours in the scarf around a bit to fit with the background colour, but other than that left the little  guy pretty much the same. I didn't want to do a whole bunch of penguins, so I decided to cover the other nails with snowflakes (like all of the ones we've been getting around here; I can't believe how much snow we've had already this winter)!




I also filmed a tutorial for this design since the request for it came from youtube, so you can check that out below! Please remember to credit and tag me if you recreate this design (the hashtag I follow is #looknyanails).


Enjoy!

Products Used:
CND - Amuse-Mint
CND - Apricot in the Act
CND - Be Demure
CND - Clear Top Coat
CND - Winter Nights
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Knee-High Life
Essie - Licorice
Sally Hansen - White On

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment