Monday, November 13, 2017

Move

Doesn't Taemin's latest comeback just make you want to... move? 😉
Lame jokes aside, I was really impressed with Move - both the song and the album - and while I may be a little bit biased, it was definitely one of my favourite comebacks of the year. 





Since the music videos for this song are all very dance focused, I took inspiration for this design from both the mv and the album cover. From the music video I took the ending cuts with Taemin's name and "MOVE" since I thought the glitchiness captured the CCTV filming style well. I also used one of the posters from the wall that Taemin/Koharu/the backup dancers danced in front of for most of the video because it showed up in a lot of scenes and honestly I just thought it looked cool and would transfer well into a nail design. I'm glad I picked that scene as well because that nail is definitely one of my favourite design elements I've done in a while. The last scene from the music video that I latched onto was the blurred out face of one of the backup dancers. My friend Joanne and I were discussing how we could turn the jeweled mask Taemin wears into a nail design but weren't coming up with anything. The blurred face happened to be in the same freeze-frame as Taemin wearing the mask, and I thought that would be a fun alternative that would still work with the colour scheme I was going for.



The last nail was inspired by the album cover for Move. I thought that the red/orange/yellow would be a good accent to the grey scale of the rest of the design, though I was kind of concerned about painting a face on my nails again. I was kind of hoping that Joanne would question that part of the design when I showed her my plan, but since she didn't say anything I figured she had faith in my abilities and attempted the face against my better judgement. I think it turned out pretty well in the end though, so it all worked out.
I didn't realize it until after I'd finished painting this design, but apparently I have a thing for painting SHINee's faces on my nails - I've got Taemin's in this design, Jonghyun's for She Is, and Key in Married to the Music. I guess now I just have to paint Minho and Onew's faces at some point and I'll have a full set. 😜



If you're interested in recreating this design or just want to see the process behind it, I filmed a tutorial for it which you can check out below! If you do recreate this design for yourself please remember to credit me and tag your pics with #looknyanails so that I can see them!



Enjoy!

Products Used:
CND - Apricot in the Act
CND - Blush Teddy
CND - Clear Topcoat
CND - Tangerine Rush
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - In Stitches
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Serial Shopper
Joe Fresh - Plaster
OPI - My Vampire is Buff
OPI - Primarily Yellow
Rimmel London - Burgundy Flirt
Sally Hansen - Eel Skin
Sally Hansen - Seize the Gray
Sally Hansen - White On
Serendipity Polish - Big Red Bow

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment