Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Triple Threat

Even though it's technically autumn now we haven't really had much fall-like weather lately. That hasn't been enough to keep me from doing some autumn-appropriate nail designs though!




Rosie Lee from Butter London is definitely one of my absolute favourite glitter polishes for fall. The dusty rose colour fits the season perfectly and the amount of glitter in the polish itself means that you really only have to sponge about two layers onto your nail for it to be completely opaque!

The triangles on the middle finger nail were inspired by a cute print that I found on Pinterest (you can see it here). My original plan was to do just the outline of the gold triangle so that it looked exactly like the print, but when I actually started painting it there just wasn't enough space for that. I think the filled in triangle looks better overall anyways, so it's all good!
The gradient lines on the index finger and thumb were actually last minute additions to this design. When I was planning this design in my head, my original intention was to just leave those two nails blank matte grey, but once I started painting it just looked too empty. I didn't want to replicate the triangle design on the other nails but I still wanted to keep the colour scheme, so I decided to channel a rainbow design I did last year and used the colours from the triangles to make a thin gradient. I think it came together nicely and really pulled the design together well! 




Products Used:
Butter London - Rosie Lee
CND - Clear Topcoat
CND - Pink Pursuit
Essie - Good as Gold
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Matte About You
Essie - Style Cartel
Sally Hansen - Seize the Gray

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment