Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Hey Mama!

When I first heard that SM was debuting EXO's first subunit I was slightly confused but mostly excited. Confused because weren't K and M technically already subunits? But excited because more music from exo is always a good thing, especially when Chen - my vocal-bias in exo - is involved!
I definitely wasn't disappointed by EXO-CBX's debut, even if I didn't 100% understand the music video (let's be honest though, when do I ever). With everything going on in the mv, this design focuses on a few of the scenes that stood out to me! 





I actually had two completely separate ideas to go with this mv, the first being this one featuring different scenes from the video. Obviously I chose to go with this one, but the other idea I had was to keep the EXO and CBX logos and switch the other three nails out for cartoon versions of ChenBaekXi. I thought that would be cute as well, but after discussing it with some friends we decided that this set would be more fun (and also probably easier to film for the tutorial).

The collage below shows the scenes that inspired all of the nails:



I really enjoyed this debut and think that this unit is a lot of fun. I still haven't gotten a chance to sit down and watch all of CBX's broadcasts on V-App, but from the clips I've seen they're pretty funny and I'll definitely try to catch up on them over winter break. (Also, slightly off topic, but who else is excited for exo's special Christmas album on the 15th? I know I am!)





And for those of you who would like to try this at home, here's the tutorial on how to recreate this design! If you do end up trying this out for yourself, please tag me or use the hashtag #looknyanails to let me know!



Products Used:
Ciaté - Apple and Custard
CND - Be Demure
Essie - Aruba Blue
Essie - Cocktails & Coconuts
Essie - Groove is in the Heart
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - I'm Addicted
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Mink Muffs
Essie - Mojito Madness
Essie - Off the Wall
Essie - Ruffles & Feathers
Essie - Style Cartel
GOSH - Night Sky
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Maybelline - Fierce N Tangy
OPI - Push and Shove
Sally Hansen - White On
Serendipity Polish - Big Red Bow

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment