Thursday, December 01, 2016

1of1

You're 1 of 1 Girl ~

This is another post that's been a long time coming.
Back in October I was able to find some time to do a design inspired by SHINee's comeback with 1of1! The song was super fun and I really enjoyed the 90s vibe of the music video.




While I did really enjoy the music video it didn't give me much to work with in terms of designs. There were a lot of interesting patterns on their clothes but I wanted to try to keep the colour scheme as contained as possible. With that in mind I used some outside inspiration - such as the cassette tapes SM released as well as the album cover - to try to maintain some consistency.



I ran into a few spacing problems with this design as you can probably see on the thumb and the middle finger. The design on the thumb had been going so well until I got down to the bottom and the SHIN were just too small to connect with the ee 😭😭
The "5HINee" on the middle finger was going pretty well too until I realized that I wasn't going to have enough space for the final "e" (I did paint it though, it's just really squished).




If you would like to try this design out for yourself, you can find the tutorial for it below!
If you do end up recreating this design please let me know by tagging me or using the hashtag #looknyanails on any social media platform!



Products Used:
Borghese - Incantato Purple
Essie - All Access Pass
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Mojito Madness
Essie - Style Cartel
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Maybelline - Fierce N Tangy
Revlon - Ocean Breeze
Sally Hansen - Eel Skin
Sally Hansen - White On
Serendipity Polish - Big Red Bow
Reeves Acrylic Paint - Yellow Ocher and Medium Yellow
Chain from Born Pretty Store

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment