Friday, September 02, 2016

Feeling Spacey (+Star Stud Review)

I'm sure you guys know by now that I love glitter, but I don't often have an excuse to work it into my designs. When I received these two holo polishes from Live.Love.Polish though I finally had an excuse to have glittery, holo nails!




The polishes that I got are super pretty! The first one is from FUN Lacquer and is called Moonlight Nocturne!





The second holo polish is also from FUN Lacquer and it's called Insomniac.






I'm not really used to photographing holo polishes so I'm not really the best at it, but they're both suuuuuper pretty and sparkly in real life.

On to the design itself, since I don't use holo polishes a lot I wasn't sure what to do with them. Eventually I decided to use these cute star studs from BPS with them since they both look kind of galactic. I also added some tribal pattern inspired by Ninanailedit!





The studs are a little large and since they're flat that means they don't lie flat on the nail. If you have flatter nails than I do then it may not be a problem, but for me at least the two shorter spikes were hanging off the nail and I would imagine that they would catch on things very easily and probably fall off quickly.



They are pretty studs though, just not super practical.

Products Used:
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
FUN Lacquer - Insomniac
FUN Lacquer - Moonlight Nocturne
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Reeves Acrylic Paint (White)
Star Studs (#27362)

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment