Thursday, July 07, 2016

Why

Thank you SM for giving Taeyeon Why music video such a summery vibe - it was perfect for making a summery nail design!







With exo, Taemin, and (to an extent) NCT 127 coming back with dark concepts lately, it was definitely a breath of fresh air to be given such a light, pretty music video to work with. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a fan of dark concepts, but it gets a little repetitive on nails and I can only take so much of them in the summer when what I really want is to have bright neon colours on my hands!

With that being said I loved the cinematography for Taeyeon's new mv and had a lot of fun translating it into a nail design.
I actually can't pick a favourite nail from this design; I love how the water turned out and I also really like the logo on the thumbnail. The compass on the middle finger was a bit of a pain to paint and I think I painted it (including during tutorial filming) about 10 times? I just could not get that darn star in the middle centered. The index finger is also fun and brings a little bit of extra colour into the design!






As much as I love this design, I did not have a fun time filming the tutorial. I don't know what's up with my lighting, I set everything up the same way I always do, but when I checked the videos from my first time filming it everything was ridiculously overexposed and there was literally no way I could comfortably upload it.
I filmed it a second time and while the lighting is still iffy and changes between shots, it's definitely better than the first go round. (Also sorry about some parts being out of focus - as mentioned I'd already filmed twice and really didn't have the time to film for a third time).

If you decide to recreate this look please remember to credit me and tag your photos with #looknyanails so I can see them!



Enjoy!

Product Used:
Ciaté - Apple and Custard
Ciaté - Loop the Loop
CND - Desert Poppy
Coco + Lulu - Riviera
Essie - Find Me An Oasis
Essie - Good as Gold
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - I'm Addicted
Essie - Mink Muffs
Essie - Mojito Madness
Essie - The More the Merrier
Essie - Waltz
HK Girl - Clear Topcoat
Joe - Plaster
Sally Hansen - Barracuda
Sally Hansen - White On
Serendipity Polish - Big Red Bow
Reeves Acrylic Paint (Black)

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment