Monday, June 06, 2016

Summer Citrus (Clear Jelly Stamper Review)

Hey guys! It’s been a while since my last review but I’m back and taking a look at some different products! Today I’ll be sharing my thoughts on Born Pretty Store’s Clear Jelly Stamper (which was used to make the following design).





The Jelly Stamper comes with one stamper and one scraper.



Both the body of the stamper and the scraper are made of plastic. In fact, the entire scraper is made of plastic which is different from the Konad scraper I have which has a metal edge. I found BPS’ scraper to actually be easier to clean though because there were no awkward grooves that polish could seep into.

Before I continue, I should probably mention that I am a pretty inexperienced stamper. I generally prefer to do free-hand designs and have only ever attempted stamping twice prior to doing this review. Therefore, my knowledge of stampers, scrapers, plates, and proper stamping polishes is limited, as is my ability to compare the products I’m reviewing to similar ones sold by various other companies.

Now that we have that disclaimer out of the way, I honestly didn’t expect to have as hard a time with stamping as I did. I mean, I’ve seen as many stamping tutorial videos on Instagram as the next person and I think I have a pretty good grasp on the method, but whatever the reason I had quite the time trying to make stamping work for me.
For this design I was working with Bundle Monster Plate BM-308, and I think part of my issue was the types of polishes I was using. Sally Hansen wasn’t working for me at all (possibly because the polish I was using was older); Essie was giving me mixed results as it sometimes wouldn’t be picked up onto the stamper at all and sometimes only half the design would transfer. I had a bit more luck with CND polishes, they seemed to work half decently. I finally got lucky when, out of desperation, I tried a China Glaze polish and it worked perfectly!


I ended up making a decal instead of stamping right onto the nail.
My original plan had been to try reverse stamping but that didn’t work out for me.

Once you’ve made the decal you can just peel it off and place it on your nail, then trim it to fit.


Even though I didn’t stamp directly onto the nail (which should technically be the reason a clear stamper is useful) I still liked the fact that the stamper was clear. It made it easier to make sure the decal would look ok once flipped over. I did try doing some reverse stamping with the stamper and though the decal itself didn’t look that great, having the stamper be clear was definitely useful to see where I has painted on the stamp.




Overall, though I don’t have much of a point of reference to talk about this kind of product, I do think that this stamper worked well and having it be clear is definitely a good thing. If you would like to try this product out for yourself, it retails for C$6.11 (US$4.59).

BPS offers free worldwide shipping on all orders. You can also use my code FHX31 for 10% off your order!

Products Used:
China Glaze - Designer Satin
CND - Honey Darlin'
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
BPS Clear Jelly Stamper [x]
BPS Gold 3mm Seashell Charms (#10181)
Bundle Monster Plate BM-308

Thanks for reading!

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment