Monday, December 14, 2015

Warm Wishes 2015

Tim Hortons re-released their #WarmWishes holiday cups this year! I'm super pleased about this because they honestly make the cutest nail designs!






I don't even want to talk about how long it took to paint all of those little squares. I know a lot of my designs take a long time to paint but man, all that little detail work took me hours
It was totally worth it though, I mean look at how awesome those trees look. And the snowflakes. Even the zig-zag squares. I'm just overall very pleased with how these turned out!

I was actually planning on filming a tutorial for these but I got through two nails and was like "lol there's no way this is happening on camera." I was literally painting these with my nails held up like not even a hand length away from my face; there was no way I was going to be able to paint these even semi-accurately with my hand lying flat on the table.





I've currently been wearing these nails for about a week (given how much work I put into them I really don't want to take then off) and they've been pretty popular both online and in my everyday life.

I've had a good number of people comment on them around town, from one of my profs (hi Professor Malik!), to cashiers at the mall, to a nice old man on the bus, to my family at early-Christmas dinner. It always makes me happy to receive so many positive comments from people I know!

They've also been doing pretty well online; the Tim Hortons official instagram even reposted a pic of this design (with credit, of course!):


Look! It's me! (bottom left)
All in all I'm really pleased with these nails; they're so Christmassy and wintery and fun!
As I'm sure you can tell from the ig pic, I also did a small photoshoot with the Tims cup:




I said it when I did my Timmies design last year and I'll say it again: it's so difficult taking a photo of both of your hands. So much struggle to get one decent picture where things aren't fuzzy, the lighting is half decent and my hands are actually posed nicely. But again, the struggle was worth it in the end cause the pics turned out pretty well!

Product Used:
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
HK Girl - Cleat Top Coat
L.A. Colors - White
Sally Hansen - Diamonds and Rubies

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment