Saturday, December 05, 2015

Run

I've been getting a lot of request for BTS nails recently, so their latest comeback with the album The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt. 2 was the perfect opportunity for me to transform their promotional song and mv Run into a nail design!






As it has been with a lot of mvs lately, I found it kind of difficult to latch onto specific scenes in the mv to use in my design, especially when I was trying to keep some semblance of a colour scheme. I've been through the days of every nail being a different design with basically nothing tying them together visually - never again will I allow myself to go down that route lol.

So then it became a matter of not only finding standout scenes, it also became a matter of finding scenes that would fit together visually. The first design I picked out was the butterfly/Ace of clubs on my middle finger. One of the members holds that card up somewhere in the middle of the video. Then I basically built the design around that nail and voila, this design was born!


The ace of hearts may have been a bit of a stretch, but I wanted something to go with the red on my ring finger lol.

One thing that I realized while painting this is that I'm apparently still inept at drawing anything resembling a clover. I run into this issue every year around St. Patrick's day but trying to paint that Ace of clubs reminded me all over again that while I can successfully recreate Girl With a Pearl Earring on my nail, I cannot for the life of me produce a decent looking shamrock. How this is possible I will never know.




In case any of you would like to recreate this look I did put together a tutorial which shows how to paint the designs on my thumb, middle, and ring fingers. Sorry that the camera is out of focus basically the entire time I'm painting the butterfly. I didn't notice until I was finished painting and reviewing my footage and was too tired to repaint the whole thing again.


If you recreate this look tag your photos on Instagram and Tumblr with #looknyanails so I can see them!

Products Used:
Essie - Blanc
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Sally Hansen - Diamonds and Rubies
Sally Hansen - Eel Skin
Reeves White Acrylic Paint

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment