Saturday, November 07, 2015

4 Walls

One of my favourite girl group recently came back with their 4th full length album which means that it's time to add to my Comeback Series! This time around my inspiration is f(x)'s song 4 Walls.





The song is really cool and different (though I don't really get the lyrics, even with eng sub), and the music video is very dream-like. I wasn't quite sure how to capture the dream-like quality of the mv so I focused on a) the porcelain cups and teapot shown in the video which seemed to be significant and b) the teasers and album cover.


I was a little worried that it would look odd using two different shades of blue for the nails (since the blue of the porcelain and the blue on the album cover are so different) but they actually look pretty decent together so I'm happy about that! ^^

I also really, really like how the porcelain turned out; I may have to do an entire design like that at some point.




I also decided that it was a good time for me to make a new tutorial video since I finally have some free time after midterm hell-month haha!



If you haven't heard the album yet I really recommend it - it definitely lives up to f(x)'s last two albums!

Products Used:
Ciaté - Hopscotch
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Private Weekend
Essie - Style Cartel
Expert Nails (The Face Shop) - Diablue
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment