Friday, September 25, 2015

Dumb Dumb

♫♪ Oh baby baby baby baby baby, you make me crazy crazy crazy crazy hey! ♪♫

As some of you may know, a few weeks ago Red Velvet released their first full album entitled The Red along with a music video for the promotional single from the album, Dumb Dumb. Being the hopeless SM stan that I am, I decided that a nail design inspired by the song and mv were needed!






I had a few different ideas for the design, but a bit of browsing nail accounts on Instagram revealed that some people had already done designs much like the ones I had sketched out. As a result, I decided to go with this design which is inspired by the shirt that Seulgi is wearing at around 1:33 in the mv. While all of the stripes on her shirt are black, I chose to make some of the stripes coloured to represent the colour associated with each member:



I can't believe this is the first design I've done for RV. I definitely considered doing one for Ice Cream Cake, but couldn't really think of a design to go with the mv so it never ended up happening. Glad I finally got around to doing a design for them! ^^





I know I'm a bit late with posting these (I had the Instagram post up almost a week ago, eep!), so I just wanted to apologize for the delay. It's always such a shock when school starts up again and I have 500 things to read and submit. While it's pretty easy to edit one picture and upload it quickly to instagram, it takes a lot more time and effort to edit all of the pics for the blog post - not to mention actually sitting down to write the blog post itself - which is why I've been putting it off for the last two posts. I'll try to get back into the swing of things with posting so that everything gets back to normal soon! Thanks so much for your patience guys! ^^

Products Used:
Essie - All Access Pass
Essie - Bottle Service
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - I'm Addicted
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Mojito Madness
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Sally Hansen - Diamonds and Rubies
Sally Hansen - White On
Reeves Medium Yellow Acrylic Paint

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment