Sunday, August 23, 2015

Roaring Nails

Have roaring nails, not boring nails!
A few weeks ago my friend Robin from Roaring Nails contacted me about participating in her Summer of Guest Posts series and I was more than happy to agree to it! You can check out my guest post here
Since she said I could do whatever I wanted to for the post I decided to literally make roaring nails for her!




Isn't this little tiger the most adorable thing? My original plan was to try to paint a realistic tiger but then I was like "but a cartoon will be cuter" and it was decided, haha! I based the tiger off of this super cute T-shirt design I found on Google:

Click photo for source.

For the tiger print on the thumb, index, and pinky fingers I started with a white base and used a makeup sponge with random dots of two shades of orange, a light yellow, and a light brown to create a kind of mottled effect. Even though it's really subtle I think it gives the nails some depth and makes it look more realistic. 




I really love doing character nails (which I'm sure you've figured out by now, given my past designs featuring molang, gudetama, and Canada day animals to name a few) so I really enjoyed doing this design! I hope you love your little mascot just as much as I do Robin! Thank you again for asking me to participate in this series!

Products Used:
Ciaté - Hopscotch
Ciaté - La Confidentiale
Ciaté - Loop The Loop
Essie - Coctails & Coconuts
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Mink Muffs
Essie - Serial Shopper
HK Girl - Clear Topcoat
Sally Hansen - White On

To follow Robin on Social Media:
Blogspot: roaringnails.blogspot.com
Tumblr: roaringnails.tumblr.com
Instagram: @roaring_nails
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roaring-Nails/478414142304878

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment