Saturday, May 02, 2015

Loser

As promised, here is my second design for Big Bang's comeback, this time focusing on the video for their song Loser.






I feel like these nails are a little more graphic than I what I usually do, (what with the noose and blood splatter), so please do remember that they're just inspired by a music video, I'm not trying to get all dark or anything!

But yes, these are inspired by the Loser music video which is a lot less abstract than the one for Bae Bae (you can see my design for that song here). 

I had a lot of fun making these (because let's be honest, doing splatter nails is always fun), though I could have done without the ring finger taking an entire hour and a half. The scene was so small it took me forever to get all of the little windows and other details right.





My crown ring also fit perfectly with this design too since the VIP light sticks are crowns, haha!

I also decided to recreate the "MADE" logo that can be seen on GD's knuckles sporadically throughout the video. It gave me an opportunity to finally do something with this ridiculously huge opal ring that usually sits at the bottom of my jewelry case (it doesn't fit me at all, not even on my thumbs).
I don't know if you've ever tried to get a picture that included both your knuckles and your nails, but let me tell you, it's really difficult. The angles are super awkward, especially when you're trying to work within a light box. It kind of worked out in the end though, so it's all good.






Here's a little collage for you as well so that you can see the scenes that were the inspirations for each of the nails:



In case you're wondering how I got the texture on my middle finger (the grey one), I sponged some watered down white acrylic paint onto a grey base and then sealed it with a topcoat!

UPDATE (150722):
I was asked to do a tutorial for this design and here it is! Enjoy!


And we're done with the Big Bang comeback nails!
I should hopefully (finally) have those Del Sol swatches up for you guys either tomorrow or the next day, so stay tuned for those!

Products Used:
Ciaté - Dangerous Affair
Essie - Blanc
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Wlatz
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat
Reeves White Acrylic Paint

xo,
Becca.

4 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing!! I love the collage with the inspiration pictures and your ring finger is a work of art, I love all the detail!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thanks Robin! <3 <3
      The ring finger is definitely my favourite part of this design; it's fun to challenge myself to do really intricate things from time to time! :D

      Delete
  2. Hello, I was just wondering how you got that nail shape is it acrylic? BTW, this is so awesome I love it! I can't wait to try it! Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! They're actually my natural nails, not acrylics, so I just file them into an almond shape! I usually re-shape them about once a week to keep them at a manageable length; it can be a bit of a pain but totally worth it!
      Ooo, if you recreate the design definitely let me know, I'd love to see it!! ^^

      Delete