Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2015, Year of the Goat

Hey guys! After my super simple valentine's design last week I felt like I had to amp things back up and do something a little more intricate and detailed for Lunar New Year this week!





When I first started painting this design I definitely didn't think it would take as long as it did to paint that goat. I may or may not have spent an hour on it trying to get all of those little lines and dots right.

The goat (and the rest of the design) is based off of the following illustration. Click the picture to see the source.



The design is very similar to the one I did for Lunar New Year last year (and the year before), but even after a year I think it still works well.






While I personally don't celebrate Lunar new year, some of my close friends do so it was fun to do a design like this for them!

Happy New Year to everyone who celebrates!

Products Used:
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Sally Hansen - Diamonds and Rubies
Sally Hansen - White On
Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment