Saturday, January 10, 2015

Crazy (Guilty Pleasure)

I'm so pumped for this design because it's the year's first addition to my comeback series! I haven't done a comeback design since September so I'm pretty happy to be at it again!
This time around the design is based off of the Music Video for Crazy (Guilty Pleasure) from Jonghyun's solo debut album Base (which is set to be released on the 13th!).






Here's a little secret about me: I love drawing people, but I absolute hate drawing side profiles. They always look just a little off, so panting the profile for these nails was pretty difficult (and I'm still not 100% sold on how it looks). In case you've seen the MV and are still looking at this design going "What do the person and birds have to do with anything?", it's from a scene at the very end of the MV:



The birds were pretty hard to paint too, not going to lie. I'm pretty pleased with one of them though (the largest one near the top):




The other nails are all based off of the Base logo and I think they turned out pretty well:




In other news, I got a lightbox for Christmas (!!!) so I decided to play around with a black backdrop vs. a white one:



I think the black backdrop looks really cool, especially with these nails! Not sure when I'm ever going to use the red or dark blue backdrops, but maybe they'll come in handy some day!

I'm really loving all of the songs that have been released so far (Déjà-Boo is awesome!), and I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

Products Used:
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Sally Hansen - White On
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment