Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Boo-tiful

Halloween is just around the corner! Less than 3 days! Are you guys as excited as I am?
Speaking of things I'm excited about - I may be a little biased in this matter since they're my own nails - but I'm really excited to share this super cute Halloween design with you guys! After my previous manicure with the glow-in-the-dark bats I was really undecided about whether I wanted to go for a creepy or a cute design this time around. As much as I love a good, creepy Halloween design, I have about zero resistance to cute things and so this happened!
(Warning: I may have went a bit overboard with the amount of pictures I took of this design so be prepared!)




I don't know if I've been making this obvious enough lately, but I've discovered that I really love a) gradients and b) cute things. Getting to combine them is even better!
I love, love, love this kind of gothic, black to purple gradient, partly because it's using one of my newly discovered favourite fall polishes (Cabaret by Ciaté).


I can't let things be simple (where's the fun in that?), so obviously I had to amp up this gradient with a coat of 18 karat gold glitter. The polish is Pure by OPI; the flakes are really pretty and I only needed one coat to get the coverage I wanted. I wish I could use this glitter more often but I just never know how to work it in to a design!



And obviously I can't forget about the main feature of this manicure - the ghosts! They're inspired by these super adorable wall stickers (click the photo for the source):



I knew I wanted to do some cute ghosts for this design but I wasn't sure about how to go about that so I looked around Google Images for some inspiration. So glad I found these cute little guys - I almost want them on my walls now too!

After doing this design I was looking through some old photos and I came across this picture of a Halloween design I did in 2011 (before I had the blog! I can't believe how long ago that is!):




It seems like I had a similar idea way back when but my execution has improved quite a bit over the years (as have my nails themselves - look at those nubs)! I just found it funny that I seem to have the same thought process even after three years; all that's really changed is how much I'm willing to challenge myself and my abilities.

Something else that I found before taking pictures is this cute little ghost key-chain! There's no way I could pass up the opportunity to do a mini photo-shoot with it!



So that's two Halloween designs down; hopefully I'll be able to fit one last one in before Halloween!

Products Used:
Borghese - Incantato Purple

Ciaté - Cabaret

Coco + Lulu - Macaron

Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
OPI - Pure
Sally Hansen - White On
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

2 comments: