Thursday, June 19, 2014

#TBT: Neopets

I'm starting a new series today which I'm going to be calling my  "Throwback Thursday" series, (by I'll most likely be referring to it as my throwback series). A few days ago I was talking to a friend that I met online years ago and decided that I wanted to do a design in honour of the site that brought us together and thus this series was born! This series will take a look back at some of my favourite things from my childhood as well as some of the things that were really popular at the time, (late 90s to early 00s).

First up is the website that started my internet addiction: Neopets!






From left to right: Plushie Acara, Royal Girl Kougra, Chocolate Kacheek, and Pirate Blumaroo.
When I was little I really, really wanted a dog but my parents weren't ready to let me have a real pet just yet so my cousins suggested Neopets as an alternative. Needless to say my 7-year-old self was entranced by the virtual world and quickly became addicted to the website and my virtual pets. I continued to play even as I got older and finally got my own puppy. I met some amazing people there, (shoutout to all the LPPers, I miss you guys!), and it was a very big part of growing up for me.

What sparked your internet addiction?
I'd love to know!

Products Used:
Ciaté - 074 big Yellow Taxi
Essie - 008 Blanc
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat
Reeves Acrylic Paints

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment