Wednesday, April 17, 2013

30 Day Nail Challenge, Day 9: Rainbow Nails



Ah, rainbow nails. I'll be perfectly honest, these were probably the nails I was least looking forward to doing in this entire challenge. So much so that I've actually been dreading it and rationalized putting it off for two weeks because of Easter and new studs.
I'm a fan of colour schemes and the whole rainbow thing just doesn't really appeal to me. Obviously there are exceptions, like my Dream Girl Nails, but since those have a theme they work for me.
Moving on though, I had the absolute hardest time trying to decide what to do for these nails, I thought about trying a stained glass look, or water marbling over a gradient then I was thinking about doing the glitter rainbow on all of my nails, but this is the look I finally ended up with.
On the ring finger I placed the pieces of glitter in colour-coded rows and on the rest of the fingers I did a rainbow gradient. I used a stamping plate to get the black lines over the rainbow.

Products Used:
Revlon - 955 Quick Dry Base Coat
Rimmel London - 100 Base & Top Coat
Borghese - B115 Bianco White Tip
Wet n Wild - 229C Ebony Hates Chris
N.Y.C. - 225B American Beauty
Revlon - 920 Make Mine Mango
Ciaté - 074 Big Yellow Taxi
Essie - 922 Mojito Madness
L.A. Colours Art Deco - NA910 Sky Blue
Borghese - B476 Incantato Purple
Milani - 530 Gems
Plate # BM-301

~ Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment